Update: there is a new warranty request form attached below.
Our warranty policy is built around our Dealers holding stock for the “fast moving” parts as that is always the quickest way for you to take care of the customer. If you have stock, you should replace the part and return the defective part for credit.
If you don’t have stock, you have 2 options:
- Order a replacement part through Customer Support with whatever expedite methods you require. Then submit for warranty reimbursement after the repair is complete. Note: that expedite (same day processing) incurs a 6% surcharge on the order.
- Send a completed Warranty Request to David Sudweeks indicating on the form the Part Number that you desire no charge replacement part(s). David will get a no charge order setup to send the parts to you. No charge warranty orders are standard orders that always ship standard ground freight. After the repair is complete, let David know and he will close it out with the labor credit while the defective part comes back.
The Warranty Request form is the “RMA” for defective part returns – no RMA number or pre-approval is required if a copy of the form is included with the defective parts. There are two formats (Adobe and Excel) of the warranty request form.
Our target is to grant the warranty credit within 3 business days of receiving completed paperwork and we will process the credit while the part is shipping back to us.
The process we want our dealers to follow is shown below in the flowchart. The process essentially calls for the dealer to:
- Get the serial number and model of the crane, body, etc. to determine if the product is still in warranty
- Place an order for the replacement part(s)
- Submit a warranty request along with sending back the defective parts (there is no need for an RMA)
- Auto Crane issues a credit memo
Last Update: June 26, 2017
Tell us how can we improve this post.
Log In is required for submitting new question.